Now that spring has sprung. I want to share 5 easy ways to detox your body while in recovery, or anytime. These are the things I did, and continue to do that makes a difference in my health and I hope will make a difference in your health.
It is nothing new to state that breast (cancer) has touch so many lives. Either a family member, friend or neighbor may fall on this list. It is also not uncommon that cancer patients choose allopathic medicines and treatments. These treatments usually involve potent drugs, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy, or both. These treatments can leave the patient exhausted and emotionally drained. The cause of this fatigue is from the body being subjected to poisons, which indiscriminately attacked all the body cells over time. Knowing that detoxing the body is so important for better health and for recovery; it would be very beneficial to adopt a detox routine.
You can do it once a month, once every two months orwhen you feel the need to detox. It is as simple as developing a routine. Here are my ideas for better health for mind, body and spirit.
• Dry Brush Method – Dry brushing stimulates the skin and circulates lymph fluid which is vital for overall health. The skin is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for a quarter of the body’s detoxification. The ability of the skin to excrete toxins is of paramount importance. Dry skin brushing helps to shed dead skin cells, which improves skin texture and cell renewal. Dry skin brushing increases circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas. Dry skin brushing stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified.
• Drink Water – Water Detoxifies. The quality of your tissues, their performance, and their resistance to disease and injury are linked to the quality and quantity of water you drink. The daily cleansing of wastes from each cell, the flushing of the alimentary canal and the purifying of the blood are all dependent on our water consumption. This helps to scavenge free radicals and reduce the oxidation of your body, in turn slowing down the aging process and overall health. Drinking ionized, or alkaline water has smaller molecule clusters than regular water. These small clusters are able to permeate your body’s cells and hydrate much more effectively. This makes the water and minerals better able to be absorbed in your body and flood out the toxins within. Good quality steam distilled water can pickup mineral deposits accumulated in cells, joints, artery walls, and remove them out. Distilled water cleans out impurities and replenishes the essential nutrient required for human life.
• 1 to 3 Day Body Detox Diet – Our body is exposed to numerous toxins daily as in air pollution, over processed foods, chemical cleaners and pesticides. A detox diet is when you lighten your daily food intake and provide your body the opportunity to rest, which then helps release toxins. A one to three day detox diet may range from simply focusing on whole foods to an all-out fast. Most detox diets ask that you eliminate items like caffeine, alcohol, added sugar and refined flours. For example, a fresh fruit diet emphasizes a healthy and easy way to digest the fruit and to assist in elimination. You may add protein powder to the fresh fruit which offers a high content of water, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Eating just fruit, or just veggies help to dissolve toxins, enhance liver function and create better energy levels. Juicing is also a great way to feel light and to receive nutrients for the body which assist in detoxification.
• Take a Himalayan Salt Bath – To feed the body with healthy minerals and trace minerals take a pink Himalayan crystal salt bath. This rock salt is fuel for balancing and increasing energy. Your skin is an excretive organ that mirrors the condition of your intestines. When you take a salt brine bath, the salt minerals penetrate your skin with ions. This ion absorption will stimulation natural cell growth in your living cell layers. Bio-energetic weak points will be balanced and your body’s energy flow will be made active. Bathing with Himalayan salts will stimulate overall circulation, hydrates the skin, increases moisture retention, promotes cellular regeneration, detoxifies the skin, and helps heal dry, scaling, irritated skin. Salt water bathing reduces inflammation of the muscles and joints, relaxes muscles and relieves pain and soreness.
• Breath Properly – Breathing properly detoxifies and releases toxins. Your body is designed to release 70% of its toxins through breathing. If you are not breathing effectively, you are not properly ridding your body of its toxins, i.e. other systems in your body must work overtime which could eventually lead to illness. When you exhale air from your body you release carbon dioxide that has been passed through from your bloodstream into your lungs. Carbon dioxide is a natural waste of your body’s metabolism. To improve overall well-being take 5 or 10 minutes a day to sit quietly and breath. This helps release toxins by full oxygen exchange. It also balances the stress hormone, cortisol and increases GABA levels.
Look at each of the 5 ways as opportunities to improve your lifestyle and diet. They will foster deep, and lasting transformation, and I promise you they will make you feel renewed.
by Diana Ross, E-RYT500